Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homecooking

This past weekend I made a trip up to Modesto, California to see my parents (Mario stayed at home). My dad's birthday was the 19th so I thought it'd be a great surprise! I baked up some splenda oatmeal cookies (that were actually pretty tasty) for my dad. Well I showed up and he wasn't there.So, since he was not there Mom and I had some time together. My mom when she found out I was coming up whipped up some "Monkey Bread". I had never had it and it was so yummmy! And look how beautiful it is!She also treated me with a good ol' home cooked meal on Sunday night. I've been begging her to make me gizzards for over a year now. Well my wish/demands finally came true.

My mom lightly breaded the gizzards and tossed them in the pan. She then added chicken stock and let them cook for almost 2 hours. At the end of the cooking she tossed in some dumplings *drools*. So my mom, aunt and I sat down to a lovely Sunday dinner. Thanks Mom!Now, I only wish I could get Mario to eat a gizzard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me :)

Tangled Noodle said...

I love gizzards but haven't had them in ages. Your hubby's missing out!

The Bubs said...

Thanks friends!

I think one day I will torture him and make him eat them. I do think he'll love them when they've been cooked for hours.